The Fleet Management Division is responsible for the overall administration of a fleet of over 5,600 pieces of motorized equipment that are used by 29 City Agencies and entities. Our team of highly-trained automotive technicians provides scheduled maintenance, repair, inspections and road call services to all these vehicles which include Police patrol cars, Fire apparatus (engines, ladder trucks, etc.), Inner Harbor water skimmers, refuse collection load packers, lawn mowers and many more. Operations take place at the George L. Winfield Fleet Maintenance Facility (3800 East Biddle Street) and at several substations throughout the City.
Other services provided by the Division include:
- Administration and management of the City’s fuelling systems at several manual and automated fueling stations
- Management of all aboveground and underground fuel storage tanks on City property
- Purchasing vehicles to meet the needs of City agencies
- Retiring from the fleet (primarily via public auction) vehicles no longer used
- Maintaining a large parts inventory to enable the timely provision of automotive services
- Processing all tag and title work
- Coordinating training of agency vehicle operators
The mission of the Fleet Management Division is to support customer agencies in the delivery of vital city services by providing reliable access to vehicles, equipment and service facilities. The Division’s goal is to work closely with our customers to ensure the provision of the highest quality product in the most cost-effective manner.
Contact the DGS Fleet Management Division
Robert Gibson, Chief
Fleet Management Division
The George L. Winfield Fleet Maintenance Facility
3800 E. Biddle Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21213